Sable Mountain Lodge
- Located on the north west boundary of the reserve
- The only safari lodge which may be accessed by train from Dar es Salaam
- Opened its doors in 1999, a well-respected fantastic value lodge with just 10 rooms all with a stunning view
- Owner-operated by the same team since it was built
- 2 beautiful honeymoon suites
- Freshwater swimming pool, treehouse and water hole
- Enjoy game drives, foot safaris, boat safaris all from the lodge with great guides and custom-made open Land Rover safari vehicles
- Located in the east of Selous close to the most popular wildlife viewing areas
- On the Rufiji river with great views up and down the river
- Just 8 standard safari camping style tents on slightly raised platforms
- Swimming pool
Beho Beho Camp
- Award winning safari camp voted the best in Africa
- The first camp to be sited in Selous in the cooler highlands
- Just 8 individual stone bandas
- True luxury in the African bush
- Selous is the size of Switzerland but still very remote as it has fewer guests than the northern parks.
- The Selous Game Reserve was declared by the government in the German colonial era. The Reserve was named after Frederic Courtney Selous, a British explorer, later a British army captain who was killed during WW1 and buried within the Reserve. His grave is marked with a headstone and may be visited.
- This is one of just two places in Tanzania where you can enjoy boat safaris.
- It is one of the best safari destinations to see African Hunting dogs.
If you’re interested in visiting the fascinating Selous Game Reserve, please get in touch with our Tanzania experts today. Give us a call on 01943 604030 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to helping you plan the adventure of a lifetime through this magnificent part of the world.