Our contact details
Our full legal name is Footloose Travel Ltd
Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our postal and office address is: Footloose Travel, 37-39 Main Street. Sedbergh, Cumbria, LA10 5BL.
What data we collect about you
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you as an individual person e.g. your email address.
We collect personal information about you that may include name, address, gender, date of birth, email address and telephone number.
Any data we collect for marketing and communication purposes may include your preferences to receive marketing communications from us.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instruction and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How we get your personal information
We get your personal information through:
- Direct contact interactions with us through email, phone, face-to-face, postal
- By completing forms on our website
- Subscribing to our newsletters and other marketing information
- By requesting and ordering our products and services
- By entering a competition, survey or promotion
What we do with the information
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted, for the following reasons:
- Process your enquiry or booking and travel agreement with us
- To manage our relationship with you
- For marketing purposes
- When we are developing and improving our services
- When we are carrying out customer profiling and any preferences
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- To manage your booking
- Professional advisors such as Legal, IT, banking, insurance, accounting, consultants
- Any third parties where we merge any parts of our business
We only allow third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How we store your information
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers, this includes your contact, identity, financial and transaction data for tax purposes.
We will only retain your personal data to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice
Your data protection rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to access any of these rights we will try to respond to all legitimate questions within 1 month.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113